Sunday, August 14, 2005

Home sweet home

According to this site, this is the list of top 24 cities for me. A friend did it with the purpose of finding a place to live, but I just did it for fun. These are so completely unsurprising! If I had come up with this list off the top of my head, many of the top 10 have been there anyway -- I've talked about Asheville and Roanoke since I was 18 -- uh, not Tulsa. But am I predictable or what? Sad thing is, if Brad did this survey, his answers would be NO WHERE NEAR MINE. Good thing reality isn't an Internet quiz.

1. Asheville, NC
2. Roanoke, VA
3. Chattanooga, TN
4. Brevard, NC
5. Johnson City-Kingston, TN
6. Greenville, SC
7. Hickory, NC
8. Boone, NC
9. Maryville, TN
10. Knoxville, TN
11. Tulsa, OK
12. Charlottesville, VA
13. Hendersonville, NC
14. Lynchburg, VA
15. Waynesville, NC
16. Clarksville, TN
17. Berea, KY
18. Culpeper, VA
19. Abingdon, VA
20. Morganton, NC
21. Clayton, GA -- the fruitcake place? maybe not
22. Gainsville, GA
23. Mount Airy, NC -- start whistling!
24. Palm Springs, CA -- where did that come from?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went through the whole thing (even though it's US-only) only to discover that you have to register at the site to get your list. Harrumph.

Fortunately I used a throwaway email account and got a list. Mine isn't so predictable (and not at all overlapping with yours), although a few are obvious.

Anonymous said...

Why not New York on my list? Also not Seattle or Minneapolis. I find this very odd, and what us happening in Little Rock that I don't know about. Somehow it came 10 in my list. Number one was Boston, okay, but New York is really the only place I would even consider.

---Mrs Dunce (the sister)

scanime said...

My top choice turned out to be... Greenville, SC. It's both eery and unsurprising at the same time.

Following Greenville, I also ended up with Tulsa (not sure how), Knoxville Johnson-City Kingsport (a mouthfull of a name in Tennessee) and Little Rock.

Unknown said...

The fruitcake place is Claxton, not Clayton. Clayton is a little town in the mountains in northeast Georgia. You'll probably drive through it on the way to the cabin this autumn. It's much better than Claxton, trust me (but the courthouse is ugly).